Themes installation—-3 methods of installation
How to install themes? Here we have 3 methods as the following, you can choose one to install your themes.
- Choose and install our theme from WordPress.org.
- Upload the theme you have already downloaded in your local machine.
- Install the theme manually via FTP
Method 1: Through WordPress.org
Step 1: In your dashboard, Go to Administration > Appearance > Themes, click on Add New button.
Step 2: On the page Add Themes，search for our theme : onetake
Step 3: When the onetake theme appears, move the mouse to the screenshot of onetake, you will see a blue install button, click the install button, then the wordpress will start downloading the theme.
Step 4: Once the installation process is done, click Activate.
Method 2: Through local machine
Step1: Download the Theme onetake.zip file to your local machine from https://www.hoothemes.com/themes/onetake.html
Step 2: Go to Administration > Appearance > Themes click on Add New button, then on the page of Add Themes, click upload Theme
Step 3 Click on Choose File button, select onetake.zip files from local machine and press install now
Method 3: Through FTP
Follow these steps to add a new Theme to your WordPress installation Manually (FTP)
Step 1: Download the Theme archive and extract the files it contains. You may need to preserve the directory structure in the archive when extracting these files.
Step 2: Using an FTP client to access your host web server, create a directory to save your Theme in the wp-content/themes directory provided by WordPress. For example, the Theme named onetake should be in wp-content/themes/onetake. Your Theme may provide this directory as part of the archive.
Step 3: Upload the Theme files to the new directory on your host server.
Step 4: Select the Active Theme(Onetake Theme) for your site.
- Log in to the WordPress Administration Panels.
- Select the Appearancepanel, then Themes.
- From the Themes panel, roll over the Theme thumbnail image for the Theme you are interested in to see options for that theme.
- You can view more information about any theme by clicking Theme Details.
- A live preview of any Theme (using your blog’s content) can be seen by clicking Live Preview.
- To activate the Onetake Theme click the Activate