If you want to elevate your marketing tactics and take your e-commerce venture to the next level, you’re in the right place. While today’s digital world is full of marketing tactics, social media posts, and advertisements, we often overlook the power of email marketing. If you are a MacBook user, then you are in luck! Due to the device’s in-built features and applications, you can boost your business.
Hence, in this article, we will combine both the power of email marketing and the functionality of a Mac. You will learn how to craft compelling texts for your email list and how to create an entire campaign successfully. Learn how to utilize your MacBook to reinforce your email marketing strategies!
Preparing My Mac Before Starting Ecommerce Email Marketing
While you might be excited about starting your marketing executions, you should know a few key steps to take first. You should prepare your device to ensure everything runs smoothly and efficiently. First, clear disk space to eliminate junk, cache, and unnecessary files. This ensures your laptop runs faster and you have more campaign storage space. The next step is to ensure your “Mail” application is installed and up-to-date on your Mac. This ensures the safety of information and an overall smooth process.
However, the preparation process does not stop here. You should consider putting some time aside to clean up your contacts. This process often includes removing people you do not need, duplicates, and connections with missing information. After choosing your email marketing platform and setting up some templates (which we will discuss below), check your email settings. You should double-check that all the necessary and personal information is in each email. This includes your signature, name, and other credentials.
Best Email Marketing Strategies for E-commerce on MacBook
If you are an avid MacBook user, we encourage you to set up everything through the “Mail” application. This email platform comes with your device, ready to be used upon setup. Hence, working through it will allow you to easily and quickly access emails and prompt you with notifications so you do not miss anything. After following this step, you can utilize it to perform your email marketing needs. Read on to find the best marketing strategies to incorporate into email campaigns.
1. Optimize Your Email Design for MacBook Users
Like how your website should integrate responsive designs, your email marketing designs should be responsible. Responsiveness indicates that the element you are viewing adjusts itself to the size of the screen. As the screen size varies from one device to another and one brand to another, you should utilize a responsive email template.
Hence, since you have access to your own MacBook, do not forget to ensure everything runs smoothly on your screen! Keep in mind that some aspects differ in the Apple environment. Hence, some tips related to your email design include:
- MacBook screens feature high-resolution retina displays. Hence, this advancement in innovation has a downfall. If your images are not high-resolution, the result on a MacBook might be horrifying! So, optimize images for retina displays by incorporating high-quality pictures.
- Everything from the font style to the flow of your email matters. However, having too many flashy colors and designs will inevitably confuse and distract the target audience. Hence, aim to keep things simple.
- Remember to use your whitespace effectively! The whitespace is the space in your email that surrounds different elements. Since Mac’s screen is bigger than many other devices, ensure you use plenty of whitespaces to distribute things evenly.
2. Integrating Apple Pay for a Seamless Checkout Mac Process
If you are offering a product or service to sell, you might want to consider adding a quick access button in your email. This will save people the time and trouble of searching your website for a way to checkout. However, for all Mac and Apple users, there is one overlooked yet integral element: Apple Pay. While you cannot directly integrate it into your email, you can add a call-to-action (CTA) button that directs customers to your website.
But why utilize Apple Pay for your email marketing strategies? Here are some reasons why:
- Over 1 billion Apple devices are operating around the world. Hence, providing these people with an easy and speedy checkout will be helpful. With Apple Pay, customers can complete their purchase with only a few clicks instead of having to fill in their card information.
- The process of incorporating Apple Pay boosts security. Since the feature uses Touch ID, Face ID, and biometric authentication, cracking into it isn’t easy. This allows you to build trust with your customers as their fear of fraud or data breaches reduces.
- Convenience is often crucial. The most convenient thing you can do is add various payment options, including Apple Pay. This allows customers to purchase products or services through multiple options.
3. Crafting Effective Subject Lines on Your MacBook
One of the top e-commerce marketing tips is consistently sending your audience an email blast. It’s essentially free marketing! You do not have to fret about the expenses or sponsors; your only investment is your time. However, sending numerous emails will be lost in vain if you do not craft an excellent subject line.
The subject line is the first thing your target audience notices upon receiving an email. Having a great line allows you to increase the overall open rate of the email. Moreover, you will inevitably reach higher click-through rates. Think about it; instead, click on an email that says “exclusive offers” or “Don’t miss out on the limited-time offer!” It’s all in the wording. Don’t forget to put yourself in the place of our audience and figure out what would compel you to read the email.
The top tips for writing compelling subject lines for your marketing campaigns include:
- Over time, you should experiment with different lines and topics. Check the analytics to find how effective each one was.
- Attempt to understand what your target audience yearns for. What will resonate with them? What do they want to hear? What is a subject line that will ultimately draw them in?
- Create a sense of urgency using words such as “Act now!” or “Last chance!” Even if your target audience does not follow through with the offer or task, they will be more likely to click the email.
- Would you feel great knowing you were part of a mass email marketing campaign? Well, maybe you do not care. However, adding the recipient’s name or location to the email creates a sense of personal touch.
4. Download the Best Mac Applications for Email Marketing and Design
Creating visual and engaging email content is as essential as utilizing eCommerce tools to market your store or product. However, you might be confused about which MacBook applications will streamline your process. If so, read below to find out which applications are the most compatible with Mac!
- Mail Designer 365: Mail Designer 365 is the best choice for you if you are looking to build your custom templates! This application is an HTML newsletter designer app for Apple Mac. The straightforward interface allows you to drag and drop items, choose from templates, and create customizable yet responsible graphics. It is even compatible with some popular marketing platforms, such as Mailchimp.
- Canva: This app has approximately 110 million users every month! Almost everyone has heard of it, as it is an easy-to-use platform that offers templates for different content. You can use it to create email marketing campaigns or pre-made templates!
- Adobe Creative Suite: Everyone has heard of Adobe, Photoshop, or Illustrator. The Adobe Creative Suite is a collection of software apps that target various professional needs. For example, you can use Photoshop to edit visual content and graphics. Illustrator can be used for vector graphics. InDesign is a beautiful content-creating app that allows you to publish digital material. Those include brochures, magazines, and eBooks, which you can add to your email strategies.
- Keynote: While Keynote is primarily presentation software, the app allows you to create visual content. From beautiful graphics to animations, you can add your personal touch to the designs and incorporate them into emails.
- CorelDRAW: This application is not for the weak of the heart! It is a vector graphics editor. Artists and editors alike utilize it to scale their graphic and digital structures. It is a versatile editor that can handle large-scale projects. Hence, this might be a handy tool if your e-commerce is related to art or designs!
Ultimately, formulating the perfect email on Mac requires several different steps. There are many tips and strategies, including downloading specific apps and optimizing your designs. From integrating a compatible payment process to writing an engaging subject line, the tips above will always be helpful!
That said, compiling information and designs for email blasts is a long and progressive journey. You need to understand your target audience further to know what makes them tick. That is your first step to understanding what type of e-commerce emails you should create!