If you don’t want to interact with someone or see specific posts on TikTok, there’s good news. TikTok provides a blocking feature for you. Here’s a straightforward guide on how to block someone on TikTok.
Since TikTok has a diverse community of people using it for entertainment or influencer marketing, it’s possible to encounter users with different intentions. Moreover, this increases the likelihood of coming across videos that you might not like. You can use the block feature to have a safer experience on TikTok.
In this article, we’re going to provide an ultimate guide that shows you how to block someone on TikTok and all the related questions regarding this matter.
Let’s get started!
How to Block Someone on TikTok (on iPhone & Android)
It’s worth noting that, When you block someone, they won’t be able to message you or interact with your content on the app. Moreover, If you block someone on TikTok, they won’t know that you did it.
Here are simple steps that help you know ‘how to block someone on TikTok’ for iPhone and Android applicants:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Go to the profile of the person you want to block.
- Tap the ‘share icon’ (arrow) in the top-right corner.
- Select Block from the menu.
- In the pop-up box, tap Block again.
Pretty straightforward, right?
Read Also: How to Delete a TikTok Video
How to Block Someone on TikTok on the Web
To block someone on TikTok using your computer:
- First, log into your account on TikTok.com, and then go to the user profile you want to block.
- Then, click on the three dots in the top right corner of their profile to open the share menu.
- Look for the ‘Block’ icon, which is a circle with a line through it, at the bottom row.
- Click on it and follow the on-screen instructions to block the user.
By now you’ve learned how to block someone on TikTok without them knowing. If you don’t see their profile, you can bulk-block multiple users on TikTok and delete their comments, read on!
Read Also: Why Is My TikTok Not Working
How to Block Someone from Commenting on TikTok
Curious about how to block someone on TikTok without visiting their profiles? If you’ve been facing unpleasant comments and interactions from many accounts, it’s time to block them for good. This ensures they can’t comment on your videos anymore. TikTok has made it simple to take action.
Here’s the process bulk-block multiple users on TikTok and delete their comments:
- Long-press on the user icon of one of the accounts you want to block (you can choose up to 100 accounts using the button next to their usernames).
- Then, select More and tap Block accounts.
Now, those problematic accounts won’t be able to view and leave comments on your content. But what if you changed your mind? Well, TikTok enables you to unblock users, too.
How to Unblock Someone on TikTok
If you want to interact with blocked users like before and see their content again, follow this simple process:
- Just go to the profile of the person you blocked, and click the red ‘Unblock’ button.
But, you may forget blocked users’ profile names. So, you need to have a list of blocked users on TikTok. Here’s how to find them!
How to Find Your Blocked List on TikTok for Unblocking
If you don’t want to keep certain accounts blocked forever and are thinking about changing your blocked list, here’s how you can find it on TikTok:
- Open your TikTok home page.
- Tap on your profile icon in the bottom-right corner.
- Go to the menu in the top-right corner.
- Choose ‘Settings and privacy’ and then go to ‘Privacy.’
- Scroll down and select ‘Blocked accounts.’
- To unblock an account, click ‘Unblock’ next to the account you want to unblock.
Now, it’s time to take a look at some of the frequently asked questions regarding this matter. Ready? let’s go!
1. What Happens When You Block Someone on TikTok?
When you block someone on TikTok:
- They can’t see your profile and stories.
- They can’t add you as a friend or chat with you.
- Blocked people won’t be able to track you on TikTok.
- If they search for your username, it won’t appear in their results.
- If you block someone from your followers, your name will be removed from their following list.
- The blocked person can’t view your content, even if it’s public.
- They can’t chat or call you directly.
2. Will TikTok Notify the User If I Block Them?
TikTok does not send notifications to the blocked person. Blocking someone is a privacy feature that allows you to control who sees your videos. This helps manage your followers without setting your account to private. Blocking is a private action, and TikTok doesn’t reveal who blocked someone.
3. How Do You Block Someone Who Has Already Blocked You?
The blocking process is the same. Go to their profile, tap on three dots (desktop) or the share icon (mobile), and choose the block option. You can block someone who has already blocked you.
4. Can the Person Contact You If You Block Someone on TikTok?
No, once you block someone, they can’t contact you unless you unblock them. However, they might seek help from mutual friends to connect with you.
5. Can a Blocked User View Your Comments?
When someone is blocked, they can’t view your public content or comments. If comments are still visible, the blocked person won’t be able to comment on your videos.
6. Can You Block Someone on TikTok Without Them Knowing?
Yes, the blocking feature on TikTok allows you to block someone without them knowing.
7. How to Block Someone on TikTok Live as a Moderator?
The blocking process is the same: tap on their profile, then click on three dots (desktop) or the share icon (mobile), and choose the block option.
To Wrap Things Up
If you’re facing harassment, embarrassment, or annoying behavior from other TikTok users, you can block them. In this guide, we’ll show you how to block someone on TikTok and provide all the information you need on this matter. We hope it’s useful for you.