Instagram is one of the most popular global social media platforms for sharing photos and videos with people you love. This platform is adding more tools and features to satisfy its users, and one of these features is Instagram drafts. Using this feature, you can make your content ready and publish it whenever you want with a few taps.
But how do you find drafts on Instagram and use them for different types of content? In this article, we will provide a full guide on using drafts on Instagram like a pro and how to delete Instagram drafts and access them easily.
How To Save Instagram Drafts?
You can share different types of content on social media, such as regular posts, stories, and reel content. We will check how to save drafts on Instagram for each of them:.
Draft Instagram Posts
Before discussing how to find drafts on Instagram, we must see how to create one. Let’s start with drafting Instagram posts:
- Open Instagram and tap the ‘+’ icon to access the camera. You can also go to your Instagram profile, tap the ‘+’ icon at the top of your screen and select ‘Post.’
- Select the content from your gallery or capture them and tap ‘Next.’
- Add your filters and adjustments, and tap next.
- In the final section, you can add details such as captions, tag users, location tags, and more.
- Before hitting the ‘Share’ button, tap the back arrow or the ‘Back’ option on the screen. Instagram will ask if you want to discard your post or save it as a draft. Choose ‘Save Draft’.
Draft Instagram Stories
Like posts, you can save Instagram stories as drafts to share your content anytime. Follow these simple steps to create Instagram drafts for your stories:
- Open the Story camera by going to your Instagram feed page and swiping your screen to the right.
- Scroll your screen up to open your gallery and select your content. You can also record or capture them.
- Add your filters, effects, stickers, and texts.
- Once you are done with the details, tap the back arrow option.
- Select ‘Save Drafts’.
Draft Reels On Instagram
Instagram reels are one of the most loved types of content, and now it’s time to see how to save your reels as drafts:
- Start by opening the reels section by tapping the ‘+’ on your profile or your feed page.
- Record your video using Instagram reel templates or create reels with photos. You can use trending reel songs to help your content get more views and reach.
- Add your edits and adjustments.
- Tap on the back arrow in the top-left corner twice.
- Select ‘Save as Draft.’
How To Find Drafts On Instagram?
Now that you have successfully saved your content as a draft, you can publish it anytime. But where are drafts on Instagram? Here’s how to find Instagram drafts of your saved posts.
- To access the camera, tap the ‘+’ option on your Instagram main page or your profile.
- Next to the ‘Gallery’ option, there is a ‘Drafts’ tab. Tap it.
- Find the post you want to publish and open it.
- Check it one more time and publish it when it is the best time to share posts on Instagram to get more views.
Access Story Drafts
In the previous parts, we showed you how to save drafts on Instagram stories. Now, let’s see where drafts are on Instagram for stories and how to access and publish them.
- Open your story camera from your feed page (or your profile.)
- Scroll up to access your gallery.
- Next to the gallery, there is a ‘Drafts’ icon. Tap it to view the Instagram story drafts.
- Choose the photo/video and tap next to publish it.
As you can see, knowing how to access drafts on Instagram is not complicated. You can follow the same steps for accessing Reel drafts.
How To Delete Instagram Drafts?
In the previous parts, we’ve discussed how to see and share drafts on Instagram. Now, let’s see how to manage and delete them.
- Open the ‘Drafts’ tab on your post or story section.
- Tap on the two-paper icon on your screen to activate the manage option.
- Select the draft(s) you want to delete and tap ‘Delete.’
- Confirm your action.
Now that you know everything about using Instagram drafts, let’s answer some of the most frequently asked questions about this topic.
1. How Often Should I Review And Update My Instagram Drafts?
Regularly reviewing and updating your Instagram drafts is an excellent practice to ensure that your content remains aligned with your current goals and branding. So, follow the steps to access drafts on Instagram and make the necessary adjustments to keep your content fresh and relevant.
2. Can I Recover Deleted Drafts On Instagram?
Once you delete an Instagram draft, it’s important to note that there’s no way to recover it. As such, be certain about your decision to delete a draft, as it’s a permanent action.
3. What Are The Benefits Of Using Instagram Drafts?
Utilizing Instagram Drafts provides several key advantages, including:
- Improved Content Quality,
- Time Efficiency,
- Analytics and Insights.
4. Are Instagram Drafts Available To All Users?
Yes, Instagram Drafts are available to all users, regardless of whether you are an individual user, a business, or a content creator. Instagram Drafts are an important tool that can be beneficial for anyone looking to streamline their content creation and posting process.
Using Instagram drafts, you can prepare your content for the week and publish it in your best hours with a few clicks. In this article, we’ve shown you everything you need to know about this feature: how to save drafts on Instagram and where to find drafts on Instagram.