Want to gather around people on Facebook for a specific purpose? Don’t know how to? Don’t worry! In this article, you will learn how to create an event on Facebook and start making gatherings and communities.
As one of the first social media platforms, Facebook gained massive popularity after nearly two decades of its launch reaching over 2.95 billion monthly active users. These individuals use this social network for various reasons, from social connections and networking to the Facebook marketplace and groups.
One of the main purposes people are active on Facebook is its events. You can create public or private events to gather FB users around and create an entertaining community.
Now, the question is how to create an event on Facebook. Stay with us while we give you a step-by-step guide.
Facebook: How to Create an Event
Many of us are active Facebook users but still don’t know how to create an event on Facebook. Well, it’s about time!
Creating an event on Facebook is like drinking water. It is straightforward, and everyone can do it by following simple steps.
Whether you’re online on your desktop or active on your mobile, we will teach you how to create an event on Facebook.
Read Also: How to Schedule Instagram Posts
How to Create an Event on Facebook Desktop
To create a FB event on a desktop, you should:
1. Open the Facebook website on your browser and log in to your account. After logging in, you will open the Facebook Feed page.
2. On the left side of the page, there is a side menu with various options. (If you do not see this menu, look for a ‘See More’ button and click it)
3. Click on the ‘Events’ tab with a calendar icon and a star. Then, you will see a drop-down menu with four options: Home, Your Events, Birthdays, and Notifications.
4. Below these tabs, you can see a ‘Create New Event’ button. Once you click this button, you will see two options: Online event or In-person event.
5. You can select In person to create an event with people in a specific location, or you can choose an Online event to make it virtually where everyone can join.
For an In-person event, you should fill in your event details. First, you require to fill in your event name. Then, set a date and time for it. Choose a location. Lastly, you need to select the event type.
However, for the Online event, you will follow the same steps, but you do not require to select a location as the event is virtual.
We have four types of events, including:
- Private Event: Only people you invite can join.
- Public Event: Everyone can see and join your event.
- Friends Event: Only appears for your Facebook friends.
- Group Event: For a specific group or community. (You can make it public or private)
6. Finally, you can add a description or upload a cover photo for your event and complete the process of how to create an event on Facebook.
How to Create an Event on Facebook App
It doesn’t matter whether you are an Android user, an iOS user, or any other device. You can create a Facebook event plainly within minutes.
Follow these simple steps to learn how to create an event on Facebook on iPhone, Android devices, etc.
1. Start by opening the Facebook application on your device and logging in to your account. The first page you will see is the Facebook Feed page.
2. Now, you should find the menu in the top right corner for Android users and the bottom right corner for iPhone users.
3. Then, you can locate the event button on the menu with a calendar icon and a star. Tap this tab to enter the event page.
4. On this page, look for a Create button or positive sign icon and tap it to create an event. You can create an In person event or an Online event.
For In person, you enter your event details such as event name, date and time, and location. But, for an Online event, you do not need to add an address.
Similar to creating a Facebook event on a desktop, you can choose the event type:
- Private Event: Only people you invite can join.
- Public Event: Everyone can see your event.
- Friends Event: Only your Facebook friends can join the event.
- Group Event: An event set for a specific group or community.
5. Next, you can select a cover photo or write a description for your event.
In addition, you can edit the event settings like:
- Allow or disallow users to add friends (for Private),
- Link a website for specific information such as ticket purchases and host details (for the Public),
- Add a co-host and their information.
6. At last, click on ‘Create Event’ and publish it.
Also, discover the best time to post on Facebook and post your events at the right time to get more engagement.
How to Create an Event on Facebook Business Page
Like previous methods, creating an event on a Facebook business page is simple. How to make an event on a Facebook business page is similar to creating an event on a personal page, with only minor differences.
You should follow these easy steps to learn how to create an event on your Facebook business page:
- Open Facebook page,
- Find the ‘Events’ tab in the menu,
- Select ‘Create an Event,’
- Add details (Name, date and time, location, event type, etc),
- Choose a cover photo or illustrate it,
- Add co-hosts and ticketing (optional),
- Save to create the event.
Now, let’s mention the differences between events created on a personal page and a business page.
For business accounts:
- You should log in to your personal account to have access and create an event on a Facebook business page.
- On a business page, your event associates with your work rather than your personal profile.
- Collaborations, promotions, and monetizations on events are related to your business.
- You can accurately target a specific group of people or audience.
Alright! Now you know how to create an event on a Facebook business page.
Read Also: Facebook Reactions
Let’s answer some of your frequently asked questions and keep you informed about how to create an event on Facebook.
1. How to Create an Event in a Group on Facebook?
To create an event on a Facebook group, you can start by:
- Open Facebook and log in to your account,
- Find a group that you are a member of,
- Locate the event tab with the calendar icon and a star,
- Click Create Event,
- Add your event details,
- Choose event type,
- Select a cover photo or description for the event,
- Publish your event,
- Invite group members to join.
Simple as that! You have your group event.
2. How to Create a Poll on Facebook in an Event?
If you’re willing to start a thread in a Facebook event and get people’s opinions, you can create a poll within the event.
To create a poll in a Facebook event, you should:
- Open the specific event,
- Find the ‘Discussion’ tab and select it,
- Start adding a post and click ‘Create Poll,’
- Write your opinions,
- Edit poll settings and add more options if you want,
- Publish poll.
Also, you can schedule polls to be published later.
3. How to Create an Event on Facebook Page?
You can easily learn how to create an event on Facebook by following the simple guide below:
- Open Facebook on your browser or start the Facebook app,
- Log in to your account,
- Open the menu and click on the ‘Event’ tab,
- Start making an event by clicking the ‘Create Event’ button,
- Add your event details,
- Select event type,
- Write a description or upload a cover photo for your event,
- Add co-hosts or ticketing (optional),
- Publish event.
4. Are There Limits to Creating Facebook Events?
Facebook users can create unlimited events to invite people and start a community. Whether you have a Facebook business page or a Facebook Personal account, you can make as many events as you want.
5. What Are The Benefits of Facebook Events?
Facebook events have several benefits for users. You can create a Facebook event and take advantage of various factors, including:
- Target specific audience or group of people,
- Straightforward promotions and advertisements,
- Boost presence and visibility,
- Increase engagement,
- Focus on a topic,
- Track participants,
- Update everyone,
- Share the event on other social platforms.
Generally, learning how to create an event on Facebook is simple. Whether you want to make an event on a computer with a browser or a mobile device using the application, it is a simple process.
Here, you can learn how to create an event on Facebook business page or Personal page. You can understand how to select between event types and their differences.
Also, you can learn how to create a poll in a Facebook event or the benefits of making an event.
Take a look through this article to master Facebook event creation!