Everyone knows TikTok as a video content platform, but did you know you can also upload photos and create engaging slideshows? If not, don’t worry! In this article, we’ll teach you how to make a slideshow on TikTok.
TikTok slideshow is an effective way of content creation to gain more views and engagement. Many TikTok brands use this method for marketing and advertising purposes.
In addition, countless TikTokers create slideshows to share their memories, before-and-after transformations, how-to content, and many more!
But the big question is: How to make a slideshow on TikTok?
Well! We’re here to provide a step-by-step guide on how to do a slideshow on TikTok.
What Is a Slideshow and How to Make a Slideshow on TikTok
While exploring TikTok, we come across sequences of images or short videos combined with effects and transitions, filters, texts, trending hashtags, trending music, stickers, and GIFs.
These image series and videos are TikTok slideshows, which are interesting and compelling content. TikTok allows its content creators to combine several photos to create a unique slideshow.
Also, it lets TikTokers combine short videos to create a dynamic slideshow.
Fortunately, it does not end here! You can also add transitions and effects, texts, stickers and GIFs, filters, trending audio, captions, etc.
So, as a creator, you have numerous options to make captivating and visually appealing slideshows.
Now, let us give you a brief guide on how to make a slideshow on TikTok.
How to Make a Slideshow on TikTok with Pictures and Videos
Creating a swipe or a picture slideshow is clear and straightforward. But before moving forward, make sure your application is up to date.
To learn how to make a slideshow on TikTok, you should:
1. Open the TikTok application.
2. Tap the ‘+’ button at the bottom of the screen.
3. Then, tap on the ‘Upload’ button in the bottom right corner.
4. Now, your device’s photo gallery will open in the TikTok app. Here, select multiple pictures you want to display in your swipe slideshow.
- Tick the ‘Select multiple’ option at the bottom bar. Otherwise, you can only pick one photo.
- Tap on the circle at the top right corner of each photo to select them.
- You can choose up to 35 pictures for a slideshow.
- TikTok will arrange the pictures for a slideshow according to the order of the numbers you specify.
- You can also hold your finger on each photo to rearrange it from the selections at the bottom bar.
5. Once you’ve selected the photos, tap the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right corner.
6. Here, you can either select ‘Switch to photo mode’ for a swipe slideshow or ‘Video mode’ for a video slideshow. (If you don’t know how to make a swipe slideshow on TikTok, this is the part where you can change it)
7. After selecting the type of slideshow, you can edit it.
- Add music from the top audio sign. (If you don’t know how to make a slideshow with music on TikTok, this is the part where you can add audio)
- Use the sidebar to add text, stickers, GIFs, effects, transitions, voiceovers, etc.
- Once you’re done editing, tap ‘Next’ at the bottom right corner to continue.
8. On the final page, you can:
- Add a caption, including hashtags and mentions,
- Choose your privacy and slideshow settings,
- Tag people,
- Share on other social platforms.
9. Finally, click ‘Post’ to upload your TikTok slideshow.
Up till now, you surely know how to make a slideshow on TikTok. Let’s move to the tutorial on how to make a fast slideshow on TikTok with pictures.
How to Make a Fast Slideshow on TikTok
Fast slideshows are the ones with a higher speed. To create a fast slideshow on TikTok, you should:
1. Open the TikTok app and tap on the ‘+’ button at the bottom bar.
2. Then, tap the ‘Upload’ button at the bottom right corner.
3. Here, you should select multiple photos along with a video and then tap the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right corner to go to the edit page.
Note: Selecting a video allows you to enter adjust clips mode.
4. On the edit page, tap the ‘Adjust clips’ option.
Note: If you don’t know how to make a slideshow on TikTok with words, you can use the edit page here. On the edit page, there is a ‘Text’ button where you can select and type anything to add to your slideshow.
5. On the adjust clips page, change the ‘Sound Sync’ option to ‘Default.’
6. After selecting ‘Default’ mode, choose the video from the media at the bottom of the screen and delete it.
7. Now, you only have photos. Select one picture and then tap the timer to adjust the speed.
8. Here, you can see five options to adjust speed: 0.3x, 0.5x, 1x, 2x, and 3x. If you want to speed up the slideshow, you can select 2x or 3x. But if you want to make it slower, you can choose 0.3x or 0.5x.
9. After choosing a speed, tap the tick button at the bottom right corner to apply changes.
10. Finally, tap on the ‘Save’ button at the top right corner to save changes, and then tap the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right corner to proceed with slideshow creation.
With this walkthrough, you surely know how to do a slideshow on TikTok with fast speed.
Now that you’ve learned how to make a slideshow on TikTok. Let us move to FAQs and answer some of your most frequent questions.
Read Also: How to Go Live on TikTok
Jump to this part to find answers to frequently asked questions.
1. How to Make a Photo Slideshow on TikTok?
It is easy to create a photo slideshow on TikTok to share your moments and engage with your audience. Follow the steps below to learn how to make a picture slideshow on TikTok:
1) Open the TikTok application and tap the ‘+’ button at the bottom center.
2) Tap ‘Upload’ and select the photos you want.
3) Tap ‘Next’ and go to the Edit Page to edit your slideshow.
4) Then, tap ‘Next’ to finalize your slideshow. Here, you can add captions, mention and tag people, and change the slideshow settings and privacy.
5) Finally, tap the ‘Post’ button at the bottom right of the screen to publish your photo slideshow.
2. How to Make a Slideshow Video on TikTok?
Creating a video slideshow is similar to making a picture slideshow on TikTok. To learn how to make a video slideshow on TikTok, you should follow the steps below:
1) Open the TikTok app and select the ‘+’ button at the bottom center.
2) Tap the ‘Upload’ button at the bottom right and choose the pictures/videos.
3) After choosing the photos, tap the ‘Next’ button at the bottom right of the screen and go to the Edit Page.
4) On the Edit Page, there is an option where you can switch to photo mode or video mode. Here, you should select ‘Switch to video mode’ to make it a video slideshow.
5) Edit your slideshow and then tap the ‘Next’ button to proceed.
3. How to Make a Slideshow with Music on TikTok?
To add music to your slideshow, you should:
1) Open the TikTok application and tap the ‘+’ button.
2) Tap the ‘Upload’ button
3) Select multiple pictures and tap the ‘Next’ button.
4) On the Edit Page, you can see a music sign at the top of the screen. Tap on it to change the music.
5) After selecting your favorite audio, tap ‘Next’ to proceed.
4. Are TikTok Slideshows Effective for Marketing?
TikTok slideshows, especially swipe slideshows, are perfect for advertising products and promoting goods. Many TikTokers use this technique for their marketing and achieve best results.
Generally, if you want to create a photo or video slideshow on TikTok, you can follow the step-by-step tutorial in this article and learn how to make a slideshow on TikTok.
In addition, you can learn how to adjust the speed of a picture slideshow, add music, put effects and transitions, add stickers and GIFs, and include hashtags and captions.
So, put a small amount of your valuable time into this guide and fully understand how to make a slideshow on TikTok.