In this post, we will focus on YouTube monetization. After Google, YouTube holds the second rank among sites used to find information. Moreover, it is the largest video platform on the internet. YouTube is free, easily accessible, and has millions of users. The platform claims that it has paid more than $30 billion to content creators, artists, and media companies in the past three years. YouTube paid more to its creators and partners in the second quarter of 2021 than before.
Have you ever wondered how to make money off YouTube? If you are interested in YouTube and feel it is a good fit for you, it sounds like a great idea to earn money from YouTube. Doesn’t it? But the main question is how to get paid on YouTube? If you want to know how to make money on YouTube, you are at the right place to find out the answer. In this article, we will provide a complete guide to YouTube monetization. Therefore, let us dive into and learn together.
YouTube Monetization at a Glance
Before 2007, Youtube did not have any means for its content producers to generate revenues from the videos uploaded. Eventually, in May 2007, YouTube started its Partner Program, a business system based on AdSense, allowing video uploaders to share the revenue produced by advertising on the site. As such, YouTubers do not immediately get paid from YouTube. They receive money via ad revenue. It means that advertisers pay money to YouTube for playing their ads in videos. And YouTube subsequently pays money to YouTubers for playing this ad in their video. YouTube usually gets %45 of the advertising revenue from videos in the Partner Program, with %55 going to the video uploaders. Thus, content creators receive the majority of the revenue generated from ads on YouTube.
When Do You Start Making Money on YouTube?
You may want to know when do you start making money on Youtube. If you have successful YouTube videos with high traffic and your YouTube channel is getting lots of views you worked so hard to achieve, it is the right time to start earning money from YouTube. In essence, making money on YouTube requires dedicated long-term work, and most importantly, a creative mind. The key to YouTube success is uploading high-quality videos consistently and regularly.
YouTube Monetization: How to Make Money from YouTube
YouTube has evolved from a platform where people upload and share videos to a destination where creators can find a new audience, connect with fans, and make money on Youtube. Now that YouTube has provided new ways for making money on Youtube, creators and artists have access to more and new options for Youtube monetization and building a business on YouTube. If you have built up a considerable engaged and active following, are considered an influencer on Youtube, and have the skill and creativity needed, make the most of YouTube monetization by getting started as quickly as possible. The following steps will guide you through the process:
1. Request for YouTube Partner Program
First, you have to enable monetization in your YouTube account settings. After that, you have options to join the YouTube Partner Program (YPP). The YouTube Partner Program monitors and controls all advertising applications. Therefore, you can make money from YouTube by applying for and being accepted to the YPP. In other words, by joining and being in the YouTube Partner Program, you can make money from Youtube. However, to be a part of the YouTube Partner Program, there are some requirements you have to meet. To the best of my knowledge, these are the requirements:
- Live in a country or region where YPP is available.
- Have 1,000 subscribers.
- Have 4,000 public watch hours over the past year.
- Make sure to abide by the YouTube monetization policies.
- You should also have a linked Google Adsense Account for payment.
If you have these requirements, you can apply to the YouTube Partner Program to get enrolled. Later, YouTube’s review team checks to ensure whether your channel adheres to YouTube’s monetization and copyright policies or not? Only channels that meet eligibility requirements and follow all YouTube rules will be admitted to the YPP, making them eligible for ads and other monetization opportunities. Once your account is verified, you can begin with YouTube monetization. Please be aware that you should make videos at regular intervals. Otherwise, if you do not upload a video for six months or more, YouTube may disable monetization of your channel. Keep in mind that YouTube’s team constantly reviews to ensure your content complies with their policies.
Additionally, By joining YPP, Creators will enjoy lots of assets and features such as YouTube monetization, email and chat support, and access to the Copyright Match Tool to help protect their content. In fact, over the last few years, YouTube has tightened up its requirements for monetization. So that spammers, impersonators, and other bad actors cannot hurt the ecosystem or take advantage of good YouTube creators.
If you do not follow these rules, the other hope to monetize your YouTube channel is to add a Patreon link or request donations via PayPal. The best thing about Patreon is that there is no limit when it comes to accepting funds. People can sign up to donate monthly, daily, annually, etc. Accordingly, as your YouTube channel grows, the money can increase with the audience. And you can offer bonuses for people who contribute more or donate more frequently.
3. Become a YouTube Influencer
You can also work with brands as a YouTube influencer for making money on YouTube. In affiliate marketing, you receive a discount code or unique link you can share with your subscribers. Mention the discount code or link in reviewing the product and include the link/code in the video caption to maximize revenues. You share in videos how you use the product, why you love it, respond to questions, and more. When anyone follows the link and buys a product, you get a percentage of the sale.
4. Additional Ways for YouTube Monetization
In addition to Youtube ads, there are also other alternatives for Youtube monetization. The following are just a few:
- YouTube Premium is a paid subscription enabling members to enjoy ad-free content, background playback, downloads, and premium access to the YouTube Music app. The majority of premium subscription revenue is also shared with YouTube partners. The good news is that the platform has added other features that enable popular YouTubers to make money from Youtube.
- Channel memberships. Through channel memberships, YouTube video creators can offer exclusive features and content to viewers who join their channel as monthly paid subscribers at prices set by the creator. Members pay a monthly subscription to access your content in the channel — between $0.99 and $100. As such, they get unique emojis, exclusive videos, badges, and many other members-only incentives.
- Super Chat. A message in the chat stream that stands out from the rest in hopes that it will catch the eye of their favorite creator. It is purchased by fans. Super Thanks and Super Stickers have similar functions that subscribers purchase to show their support and appreciation for YouTube creators.
- YouTube Shorts Fund. The YouTube Shorts Fund is a $100M fund to provide incentives to video creators for their dedication to making creative, original shorts that delight the YouTube community.
Please check this page for detailed guidance.
5. Sell Online Education Courses
Creating and selling online tutorial courses is another viable way for YouTube monetization. The Covid-19 pandemic accelerated the eLearning industry. Now online courses have become a lucrative income stream for content creators, as YouTube is no exception. According to experts, the online learning industry will be worth $375 billion by 2026. As you create your eLearning course material, you can utilize it repeatedly until the content needs updating. If you offer such services, place a contact address in the caption of each video, asking your followers to contact you via email if they are interested.
6. Licensing Your Original Content to the Media
If one of your videos becomes viral, you can license it to the media for a fee. Media outlets, online news sources, and journalists search for high-quality content and want access to it to share with their audience. Fortunately, they know that they need to pay for the rights to display your video. For this, make sure that people can find you easily by providing your up-to-date contact info on the page.
How Much Money Can You Make from YouTube?
A YouTuber’s salary fluctuates and is never consistent. The average Youtuber salary is usually between $1.50 to $3 per 1000 views, depending on their audience. More specifically, the YouTuber earning money from Youtube per view is 0.0015 to 0.003 cents per view. For making money on YouTube almost $100, you need to get around 50,000 views. When you collect $100 from YouTube, Google will issue a payment to your bank account via Google Adsense Account.
Final Notes on YouTube Monetization
Starting your career and getting money from YouTube is not easy at all but rather challenging. It can take years to build up subscribers and to monetize the content you create for your channel. Then, first and foremost, you need to grow your Youtube channel and forget about YouTube monetization initially.
For getting money from Youtube, get to work producing catchy content and sharing for views. You have a long road ahead for YouTube monetization. Keep in mind that your YouTube channel is like your product. For fruition, you have to nurture and take care of it diligently. By continuously creating engaging content, you are building an impressive collection in your YouTube channel that showcases your talent to a broad audience and guarantees a possible profitable source of income.
Now is the time to start. Remember that inaction breeds doubt and fear. The most important step you can take towards YouTube monetization is to start. Find your voice, stay patient and consistent, have a strategy, and nurture your audience. If you succeed and your content draws tons of subscribers and views, then you will be swimming in cash and will get a lucrative YouTuber salary at the end.
And be sure to check out more of our informative content:
- TikTok Marketing Guide: How to Leverage TikTok to Grow a Business
- How to Get Verified on Instagram [+Instagram Verification Requirements]
- Best WordPress Plugins for Newly Launched Websites [24 Plugins]
- How to Repost on Instagram: 5 Simple Ways
- Cloud Computing Explained: An Amateur’s Guide
- How to Boost Instagram Engagement [10 Proven Ways]
- AiGrow Review: All You Must Know About This Instagram Growth Service
- How to Generate More Real Estate Leads Like a Pro
- Customer Journey Map: Best Practices + Ready Templates
- How to Get More Followers on Instagram: 8 Pro Tips for Instagram Growth
- What Is a Heat Map and How You Can Make a Website Heatmap
- How to Schedule Instagram Posts [+Top Instagram Schedulers]
- 10 Landing Page Designs That Will Convert Visitors into Customers
- How to Create an Instagram Content Calendar
- WordPress Website Design: How to Create a WordPress Website from Scratch